Job description: (job id -RA 114179)
This position is requested to perform project management functions for the Department’s Unemployment Insurance Systems Modernization project.
This advanced level position will coordinate information technology systems integration and expertise across the UI Division to ensure that efficiencies and consistencies can be identified through UI projects; plan, implement, and coordinate the ongoing support for technical infrastructure, and apply lessons learned in one site to others. This position will develop standards and strategies to oversee the various UI projects. This position will be responsible for ensuring that there is strong communication across efforts to ensure that DWD is efficiently and effectively managing these disparate projects.
The position will be across UI projects to apply a multi-discipline approach to project management and act as a facilitator, planner, and problem solver in order to meet agency and division strategic objectives to have data and program integration across the agency. The position will coordinate with the individual project teams to assist with individual project tracking and monitoring, evaluating the results to ensure they deliver value to the agency, coordinating instances where shared tools or resources will be needed, and communicating with project teams and leadership across all levels of the agency. Additionally, this project will be asked to work with other Divisions where integration between varying systems to ensure coordination with the dependencies. These responsibilities require well developed business analysis, relationship building, communications, problem solving and organizational skills. This position will work with the individual project teams to ensure all of the following have been done: define project scope and set project boundaries with DWD management; develop, obtain management approval and implement projects plans; document, review and evaluate the results of these efforts; lead feasibility studies and prepare cost/benefit studies and prepare cost/benefit studies for management review; recommend, present and negotiate reengineering solutions with customers and management; and coordinate, monitor and lead the implementation of solutions.
This position will participate on division and department planning teams, committees and councils as requested by management and will facilitate coordination meetings related to modernization efforts. The position will work with other state agency and DWD managers to identify and develop shared components.
Seeking a seasoned Project Manager with experience in traditional project management activities with an emphasis in application portfolio management, facilitating multiple projects with Senior Leadership and staholders, and coordination with the information technology teams.
- Managing current and future projects through the entire lifecycle from pre-project approval (e.g., developing business cases and obtaining project approval) to project closeout.
- Responsible for the successful initiation, planning, development, administration, risk management, implementation, control, and closure of single or multiple large-sized projects across multiple business units.
- Assisting with managing and reporting on the overall health of the portfolio of projects, products, and services to ensure efficient, cost-effective, and customer-aligned delivery, while also providing a coordinated view and governance of the portfolio.
- Leadership, coordination and communication across the project team, stakeholder groups, sponsors, other project managers, and the consulting vendor.
- Coordinate project activity with the consulting partner project manager, and outline and manage project activities such as tasks, dependencies, timelines, resources, and costs.
- Identify opportunities to improve project efficiencies and communication strategies.
- Manage communications to maintain alignment and touchpoints between interdependent projects, vendors, integrators, and business areas.
- Orchestrate the final recommendation deliverable and ensure that the discovery project has provided the necessary information for recommendation options
- Relationship building of the team(s)
- Assist with vendor relationship management, improving communications, and deliverables.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform this job. Educational Requirements Education Level Field of Study Required/Preferred Bachelor’s Degree Preferred Certification Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience with agile development practices.
- Experience with leading development of business case, scoping projects, project phases.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and team skills.
- Experience with project management and portfolio management tools (MS Project or similar toolsets)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate sensitive information effectively.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills, along with the ability to exercise sound judgment in decision-making.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and building effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Displays strong facilitation skills, enabling effective teamwork and issue resolution skills.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with senior leaders and ability to act as. a partner and trusted advisor
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels, from project teams, subject matter experts to executives
- Savvy organizational skills to maneuver comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Experience working on both I.T. and Business Unit Projects
- Experience working on a virtual team.
- Be accountable, able to take ownership and quickly adapt to changes and project needs.
- Previous experience with formalized stage & gate processes.
- Experience working in non-profit, government, higher-education, or other complex management/governance environment.
- Demonstrated experience building strong, highly collaborative working relationships.
- Demonstrated success influencing without authority.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Ability to quickly assimilate, assess and act upon project status changes.
- Demonstrated experience simultaneously managing multiple complex initiatives crossing organizational boundaries.
- Effectively use analytical skills to develop and analyze options, recommend solutions to solve complex problems and issues
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to pursue desired outcomes in the face of complexity and ambiguity.
- Effective presentation skills and ability to generate professional, clear written communications appropriate for the intended audience
- Proven customer service skills with ability to work within all levels of the organization and maneuver across different organizational entities and political environments
- Knowledge of confidentiality standards, PII and
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize workload to complete projects with minimal direction.
Candidate must be on SALDERZ W2
Face to face interview required
Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship
State Of Wisconsin
Projected Start Date
Projected End Date