Job Description: (job id-SDE01)
Generally responsible for the development, design and implementation of new or modified software products or ongoing business projects. Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use. Serve as technical expert on development projects. Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design. Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements. Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation. Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed. Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements. Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Working closely with other developers, designers, business and systems analysts
- Develop web applications and sites that engage and retain visitors.
- Provide guidance on industry best practices, guidelines and governance for web applications and web sites.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to ensure end product is delivered with quality outcomes.
- Perform benefit analysis for IT solutions and make recommendations for technology direction.
- Researching, designing, implementing and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Deploying software tools, processes and metrics
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
Key Technical Skills:
- Programming Language: C/C++, Shell Scripting, AWK, Python
- Databases: MySQL, Oracle, RDS, Redshift
- Version Control : GIT, ADO
- Experience on Cloud based applications (preferably AWS)
- Tools: GDB/DDD debugger
- Environments: Linux, WINDOWS
- AWS certification a plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
Candidate must be your W2 Employee
Face to face interview required
Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship
United Airlines, Inc.
Projected Start Date
Projected End Date