Job Description (job id 114115)
Description: At Optum, we believe Business Analysis and Reporting (BAR) is critical to our advanced data and analytics efforts geared towards improving the healthcare system. The Savings Logic Team (reporting under BAR) serves as an integrated enterprise capability that serves as the liaison between the business and technical teams.
We are a multi-disciplinary team made up of business analysts, developers, data engineers, and data visualizers. Together, we collaborate with our business partners to identify best in class solutions to complex business questions.
As a Senior Technical Business Analyst at Optum, you’ll be responsible for working with business and technical partners to oversee, define, and document requirements for development efforts that affect logic and savings methodology across clients. That includes partnering with our internal business operations to identify needs, working with developers on solution design, and documenting product deliverables for communication to the broader organization.
• Collaborate with business partners to find solutions for technical logic changes
• Analyze large, complex data sets to assist with solutioning efforts to drive code changes to develop/enhance logic and savings methodology
• Define and document business and technical requirements for data and analytics projects (e.g., documentation of data flows and data mapping from source systems into a claims platform, documentation of code changes/nuances/enhancements, etc.)
• Assist with QA/testing of features once implemented
• Participate in sprint planning and review meetings with related stakeholders, and development team
• Attend and participate in daily scrum team stand-ups
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
• Strong understanding of relational database concepts
• Attention to detail
• SQL– read and write (CTEs, joins, etc.)
• Requirements analysis
• Requirements organization
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to analyze data, drive to root cause issue, identify trends, problem solve and provide key recommendations based on analysis
• Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
• Healthcare / Pharmacy experience
• Claims Processing
• SAS (proc sql, Enterprise Guide, native SAS)
Candidate must be on salderz W2
Face to face interview required
Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship
UHG / UnitedHealth Group – WA market entities in general
Projected Start Date
Projected End Date