Location: ID or UT
We foster a teamwork environment to solve problems that improve society – while providing employees challenging growth opportunities. team of Structural Engineers throughout the company, where our talented engineers are performing the complex calculations and practicing their engineer professions. We work on critical structures such as water and wastewater treatment plants, hydraulic structures and buildings and focus on quality work. Our engineers manage their own time and schedule, with a typical work week being 40-45 hours a week, half day on Fridays and options for remote work. J-U-B takes great care of their clients and their employees.
The Structural Engineer will perform structural analysis of various building systems and materials and complete design calculations using the latest codes (IBC, ACI, AISC, NDS, ASCE 7); prepare and oversee production of construction drawings, specifications and estimates for construction costs. Quality control reviews of other team member’s work Client interaction and communication on projects will be expected. The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Structural design using concrete, steel, wood and masonry
- Design of buildings, structures for complex infrastructure including hydraulic structures, water tanks, water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, etc.
- Lateral wind and seismic analysis of new and existing structures
- Review of geotechnical documentation
- Foundation selection and design
- Retaining wall structure design
- Client communication, project engineering and project management
- Generation of opinions of cost
- Check design calculations created by others
- Mentoring and oversight of developing engineering staff
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required
- Must have Professional Engineer Licensure; S.E. designation or a desire to obtain this designation.
- 10+ years of structural engineering experience
- A solid understanding of the IBC, ACI, AISC and ASCE 7 codes
- AutoCAD and Revit experience are strongly preferred
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred software knowledge: RISA, Enercalc, Woodworks
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
Salary Range: Salary range $90,000- $140,000 and is negotiable determined by experience. In addition to your competitive salary,
$90,000- $140,000 DOE
PH: +1 518-738-1007
Location – IT OR UT
Job Type:- Full-time
is “Helping Each Other Create Better Communities.” We foster a teamwork environment to solve problems that improve society – while providing employees growth opportunities. We are hiring a Bridge Engineer (P.E. or S.E.) to work as part of our structures group in a team environment, focused on delivery of bridge design packages for a variety of clients.
This position which consists of over 70 full time staff focused on surface transportation projects in Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Washington, Nevada, Oregon and Wyoming. currently managing over 130 active projects, many of which include a variety of bridges from simple single spans to large (400’+) multiple spans. includes a mixture of senior and junior bridge engineers and support staff located across the company.
While performing the technical engineering tasks on a project, the Bridge Engineer will perform and oversee the completion of structural calculations using the latest AASHTO code using LRFD design, prepare and oversee production of construction drawings, specifications and estimates for construction costs. The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and mentor younger/junior staff such as PEs, EITs, interns, designers, and drafters
- Geometric layout of single- and multi-span bridges
- Structural analysis and design of single- and multi-span bridges
- Structural analysis and design of retaining walls
- Seismic Analysis of new and existing bridge structures
- Preparation of structural reports and studies (type selection reports, seismic analysis reports, etc) and situation and layout sheets
- Coordination with geotechnical, roadway, and hydraulic design engineers
- Develop specifications and opinions of cost
- Shop drawing and submittal reviews during construction
- Interact with clients for direction on project items and coordination as needed to produce deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience as the lead bridge engineer on projects
- P.E. Licensure is required; S.E. licensure is a plus
- 10-20 years of structural or bridge engineering experience
- Experience with interpreting geotechnical reports
- A solid understanding of the AASHTO LRFD Design Manual
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation experience is a plus
- Experience in creating and reviewing construction documents
- Communication, planning and organizational skills
Salary: Hiring Salary Range is $110,000 – $170,000/Determined by experience. In addition to your great salary, also offers a competitive benefits package including bonuses, paid training, a flexible work schedule, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
$110,000 -$170,000/Determined by experience.
PH: +1 518-738-1007